Thursday, March 31, 2011

Zac's photoshoot

Before Zac was born, I signed up with Sean Lau photography at one of the mothers and babies fair in 2009. I fell in love with those pictures that Sean showcased, I thought the photos looked pretty close to Anne Greddes ones.

The photography session was long overdue. My original plan was to have the photos taken 2-3 months before his 1st birthday. Due to Sean's packed schedule, we only managed to get a slot just 2 weeks before his birthday! I was so worried that I am not able to showcase this photos during the party. Adeline (Sean's wife) assured that they will try their best to give us the soft copies before the birthday party and so we took their words for it.

During my trip to Paris with hubby in June, I took the opportunity to buy some clothes for Zac. We got him a set of soccer jersey, printed France on it. It was the World Cup fever then, and so we thought it would be a good idea to buy a French jersey! We knew he is going to look very cute in them. We also got him a soccer ball printed France on it from Adidas. That made a complete set!

Fast forward to the photoshoot day.

I woke up early that morning to pack his barang barang, and made sure I did not miss out any items. Besides his 'costumes' with his matching accessories, I also packed his snacks (banana and baby biscuits), milk and water to keep him from getting hungry. Not forgetting, I also packed his favourite soft toys, Squirt from Finding Nemo which we bought from Euro Disney, giraffe and penguin.

When we arrived at Sean Lau's studio located at Bendemeer Road, I lined up all his costumes on the table for Sean to select, while daddy was busy warming up Zac to get used to the studio. Zac was doing well during the warm up shots.. soon we started changing him into the various costumes.

 



It was not easy to cajole him to smile, both daddy and myself had to use every possible means to get his precious smile. There were a few occassion where he was not cooperative and hence we had to forego some shots. Overall, he was ok and we enjoyed ourselves. He was not very pleased with the changing parade after a few rounds of it.We had frequent breaks to feed him his favorite snacks to keep him going.






After 2 hours of lights camera actions, we were all exhausted. After loading our stuff back into the car, I fed Zac some milk and before I know it, he fell into his deep sleep on our way home.

As promised by Adeline, we managed to view the photos on the same weekend. I was worried that it may not have turn out well. Guess not! Sean was able to capture all the great shots of Zac. We decided to purchase all the photos instead. We chose a few photos for touch up and prints. We were very happy with the photos and couldn't wait to showcase it to our relatives and friends on his birthday.

Thank you Sean and Adeline for capturing Zac beautiful pictures! You guys did a great job!

No comments:

Post a Comment